Nokia Corporation had recently introduced their Point & Find application for all their Internet-enabled Nokia camera phones – a new way to find and connect to relevant information when you’re on the go.
Unlike the Sony Ericsson mobile phone’s Track ID (a music recognition service whereby user can click to record a song snippets, send over the Internet and retrieves information on the artist, song title and album), this new Nokia Point & Find service is photo and image based. For example, if you point your camera phone at a movie poster (snap an image) and send it over the Internet, you’ll be able to retrieve information on local show times, reviews, trailers and even book/purchase tickets directly from your mobile phone.
In the near future, Nokia Point & Find will also enable shoppers to point at barcodes of retail products and obtain price information and comparisons. However, this service is currently limited to just movies and is available in the UK and US, with capabilities of expanding into other services and countries later on.
Download the beta version of Nokia Point & Find application to your internet-enabled camera phone at pointandfind.nokia.com.
- Windows 10 Build 14332 Now Available for Download and Update on PC and Mobile
- Top 5 Awesome Apps for Every Driver to Enhance Driving Experience Even Better
- Windows 10 Mobile Build 14322 – What’s New Improved, Fixed, and Known issues
- Meizu Pro 6 World’s First 10-Core Smartphone With 3D Touch Support
- Cut The Rope: Time Travel For iPhone and iPad For Free Download [Limited Time Only]