Nokia Corporation had recently introduced their Point & Find application for all their Internet-enabled Nokia camera phones – a new way to find and connect to relevant information when you’re on the go.
Unlike the Sony Ericsson mobile phone’s Track ID (a music recognition service whereby user can click to record a song snippets, send over the Internet and retrieves information on the artist, song title and album), this new Nokia Point & Find service is photo and image based. For example, if you point your camera phone at a movie poster (snap an image) and send it over the Internet, you’ll be able to retrieve information on local show times, reviews, trailers and even book/purchase tickets directly from your mobile phone.
In the near future, Nokia Point & Find will also enable shoppers to point at barcodes of retail products and obtain price information and comparisons. However, this service is currently limited to just movies and is available in the UK and US, with capabilities of expanding into other services and countries later on.
Download the beta version of Nokia Point & Find application to your internet-enabled camera phone at pointandfind.nokia.com.
- MyCortana Lets Users Change Default “Hey Cortana” With Any Name Users Wish
- Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 10586.107 Available for Insider Members(Fast Ring and Slow Ring) With Changelog
- Helpchat Personal Assistant App Now Feature To Alert Users About Air Quality
- Windows 10 Cumulative Operating System Update (Build 10586.71) – KB3124262 Direct Download Links
- Keyboard Shortcuts for Microsoft Outlook 2016 for Mac (140 Keyboard Shortcuts Tips)