Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16176 for PC + Build 15204 for Mobile – Here What’s New, Fixes and Improvement, and Known Issues
After released Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16170 for PC, Microsoft team has announced another excited news to all Windows Insiders members in the Fast ring. Microsoft released two new build – Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16176 for PC and Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 15204 for Mobile.
This time Microsoft team don’t bring much new features to insiders as the team is continuing refine OneCore and start with new code. The highlights of Windows 10 Build 16176 as fixed an issue from the previous Build 16170 resulting in Surface unexpectedly doing a disk check after waking from sleep, fixed Win32 app text sometimes not rendering, and more. While Windows 10 Mobile Build 15204 enhance with added new privacy page to the Windows 10 Mobile OOBE experience that allows mobile users quickly and effectively make common privacy changes while setting up the device, fixed keyboard sometimes not appear when a text input field is selected in Microsoft Edge. Here the details of all change log (changes, improvements, fixes, and known issues) for latest build.
Here what’s new in Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16176 for PC:
- Windows Subsystem for Linux Gains Serial Device Support: Windows COM ports can now be accessed directly from a WSL process!
Here what’s improvements and fixes in Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16176 for PC:
- You can now hold down the power button on your device for 7 seconds to trigger a bugcheck. This will only work on newer devices that don’t uses legacy ACPI power buttons.
- Narrator will work again on this build.
- We fixed the issue causing some apps and games to crash due to a misconfiguration of advertising ID that happened in a prior build.
- We fixed an issue resulting in the Start menu and Action Center having a noticeable framerate drop in their animations on certain devices if transparency was enabled and there were open UWP apps.
- We fixed an issue from the previous build where the Action Center could get into a state where dismissing one notification unexpectedly dismissed multiple.
- We fixed an issue where the Clock and Calendar flyout was unexpectedly missing the agenda integration for some Insiders.
- We fixed an issue from the previous build (Build 16170) resulting in Surface Books unexpectedly doing a disk check after waking from sleep due to it bugchecking during sleep.
- We fixed an issue from the previous build resulting in Win32 app text sometimes not rendering, for example in File Explorer, until logging out and back in.
- We fixed an issue where the Extensions Process was suspended inappropriately during Connected Standby, resulting in Microsoft Edge becoming unresponsive on wake if any extensions had been installed.
Here what’s improvements and fixes in Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15204 for Mobile:
- We have added a new privacy page to the Windows 10 Mobile OOBE experience that allows you to quickly and effectively make common privacy changes while setting up the device.
- We fixed the issue where the keyboard would sometimes not appear when a text input field is selected in Microsoft Edge.
Here what’s known issues in Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16176 for PC:
- Apps that use the Desktop Bridge (“Centennial”) from the Store such as Slack and Evernote will cause your PC to bugcheck (GSOD) when launched with a “kmode exception not handled” in ntfs.sys error.
- Some Insiders have reported seeing this error “Some updates were cancelled. We’ll keep trying in case new updates become available” in Windows Update.
- Double-clicking on the Windows Defender icon in the notification area does not open Windows Defender. Right-clicking on the icon and choosing open will open Windows Defender.
- Surface 3 devices fail to update to new builds if a SD memory card is inserted. The updated drivers for the Surface 3 that fix this issue have not yet been published to Windows Update.
- Pressing F12 to open the Developer Tools in Microsoft Edge while F12 is open and focused may not return focus to the tab F12 is opened against, and vice-versa.
- exe will crash and restart if you tap any of the apps listed in the Windows Ink Workspace’s Recent Apps section.
Here what’s known issues in Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15204 for Mobile:
- FYI: If you receive error 800b0109 while attempting to download this build, navigate to Settings > Update & security > Windows Insider Program and check for a restart message – please restart your device from there and then check for updates again and should be able to download the build as expected.
- For Insiders who have upgraded from a prior 150xx build to this build, the “Add Bluetooth or other devices” Settings page and the Connect UX page may fail to open.
- Some users are reporting that pages are constantly reloading or refreshing, especially while they are in the middle of scrolling them in Microsoft Edge. We’re investigating.
- There is an issue with Microsoft Edge where you might get into a bad state after opening a new Microsoft Edge windows and screen off with the JIT process suspended.
- Continuum will stop working when HP Elite X3 case is closed.
- Continuum hangs or renders incorrectly after disconnecting on devices like the Lumia 950.
- The device screen might stay black when disconnecting from a Continuum dock after screen has timed out normally.
In addition, starting Windows 10 Creators Update, Microsoft has officially add in few Windows 10 Mobile devices to support in the Windows Insider Program such as:
- HP Elite x3
- Microsoft Lumia 550
- Microsoft Lumia 640/640XL
- Microsoft Lumia 650
- Microsoft Lumia 950/950 XL
- Alcatel IDOL 4S
- Alcatel OneTouch Fierce XL
- SoftBank 503LV
- VAIO Phone Biz
- MouseComputer MADOSMA Q601
- Trinity NuAns NEO
- Cut the Rope: Magic Available for Free Download as Apple’s App of the Week – iOS, iPhone, iPad
- Zemana AntiLogger Free Download With Unlock Key Code
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16179 ISO Image Files Are Now Available to Download
- Windows 10 Redstone 3 Build 16179 for PC and Build 15205 for Mobile – Here What’s New, Fixes and Improvement, and Known Issues, ISO file
- Windows 10 ISO Image File Download – List of All Windows 10 Insider Preview Builds (Threshold / Redstone) ISO File