Text messaging or SMS is pretty cheap nowadays, but what beats free? TeleFlip is a service that allows anyone to send an SMS text message to a cell phone in North America (i.e United States and Canada) by using email for free. Users can any any email client or service such as Gmail, Yahoo! Mail, Hotmail, Microsoft Outlook, Windows Live Mail, Thunderbird to initiate the SMS sending and receiving.
To send a text SMS to a mobile phone or fixed line phone supporting SMS capability in US or Canada, simply sends an email to <Recipient Cell Phone Number>@teleflip.com, the intended text message in email body.
For example, the following format of email address to TeleFlip is valid and will work:
TeleFlip works regardless of recipients’ handset or carrier, all e-mail will be redirected to recipient’s mobile phone. And users can also send the text message via TeleFlip website by entering destination cell phone number, e-mail address and password (on first time for registration purpose only). Best of all, recipients can reply via SMS to the sender who will receive the reply in email.
Note that however some mobile network service provider may charge a fee, especially to recipients, even though TeleFlip service is free.
Update: Teleflip.com has ceased operation.
- How to Extract Images from Microsoft Office Documents
- How To Fix Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10122 Upgrade Stuck or Failed at 18% During Driver Migration
- Microsoft How-Old.net website Now Available As Windows Phone App For Windows Phone
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10122 Update AMD driver To Fix AMD GPU Bug Issues
- How To Download Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10122 Right Now (Improve for Start menu, Continuum, Edge, and more)