Text messaging or SMS is pretty cheap nowadays, but what beats free? TeleFlip is a service that allows anyone to send an SMS text message to a cell phone in North America (i.e United States and Canada) by using email for free. Users can any any email client or service such as Gmail, Yahoo! Mail, Hotmail, Microsoft Outlook, Windows Live Mail, Thunderbird to initiate the SMS sending and receiving.
To send a text SMS to a mobile phone or fixed line phone supporting SMS capability in US or Canada, simply sends an email to <Recipient Cell Phone Number>@teleflip.com, the intended text message in email body.
For example, the following format of email address to TeleFlip is valid and will work:
TeleFlip works regardless of recipients’ handset or carrier, all e-mail will be redirected to recipient’s mobile phone. And users can also send the text message via TeleFlip website by entering destination cell phone number, e-mail address and password (on first time for registration purpose only). Best of all, recipients can reply via SMS to the sender who will receive the reply in email.
Note that however some mobile network service provider may charge a fee, especially to recipients, even though TeleFlip service is free.
Update: Teleflip.com has ceased operation.
- iOS 8.1.2 Update For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch With Bug Fixes (IPSW Direct Download Links)
- Microsoft Office Now Free Download for iPhone, iPad and Android With Editing Capabilities
- Apple Reveals The Top iPhone and iPad Apps and Games of 2014
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Official Released: Here’s Everything You Need To Know
- How to Fix Missing Android Applications After Update Android 4.3