The successor of MS Paint application, Paint.Net is another free digital image and photo editing tool for computers using Windows XP, Windows Vista or Server 2003. This digital image editor was originally a design project of students in Washington State University mentored by Microsoft. It has been gradually improved and developed into a useful, powerful yet simple editing tool. It has a pretty similar interface compared to Adobe Photoshop.
Paint.Net was developed using C# programming language and it is available free for downloading. Besides, the source code is also available for developers but subject to the terms of the MIT License. Paint.Net features most of the functions that other expensive commercial photo editor applications have. For instance, it allows users to add layers, perform unlimited “undo” commands, carry out special effect enhancement such as blurring, sharpening, red-eye removal, distortion, etc.
Latest Paint.Net Version 3.30 has been released lately. Users can download it for free via the download link here.
- How To Enable Windows 8 Aero Glass-Style Transparency Effect
- BBC iPlayer Finally Arrives on Windows Phone 8 Free Download
- Viber Desktop for Windows & Mac Desk with Video Calling Feature
- Enable SugarSync to Sync External USB and Network Drives
- Sony Xperia ZR Waterproof Smartphone Allows Underwater Full HD Video Shooting