In Windows Vista and Windows XP (if you have manually enable the Quick Launch bar), Quick Launch bar will take up a position in the Windows Taskbar, which normally resides right beside the Start Menu. If the area of Taskbar location occupied by Quick Launch bar is precious and important to you, or you’re not actively using Quick Launch shortcuts, it’s possible to reclaim the space by disable Quick Launch feature.
How to Disable Quick Launch Bar
To disable and turn off Quick Launch bar in Windows XP and Windows Vista (actually it’s not ‘disable’, but just make the Quick Launch bar hidden and disappear from showing in Taskbar. Quick Launch folder still exists, where users and programs can still add or remove icons and shortcuts from it), just follow these steps, which applied to both Windows XP and Windows Vista.
Right click on Windows Taskbar, then select Toolbars on the right click contextual menu. In the pop up menu, uncheck or untick the Quick Launch option by clicking on it once, so that there is no check mark in front of Quick Launch to turn off Quick Launch bar feature.
- Windows 10 Build 14926 MUI Language Packs (Direct Download Links)
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14931 Available for Insiders in Fast ring for PC – Here’s What’s New, Fixes, Improvement, and Known Issues
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14926 for PC ISO Images Available for Download
- Microsoft Windows Cumulative Update (KB3189866) Build 14393.187 Released To the Insider Slow ring and Release Preview ring for PC – Here’s the Full Official Changelog
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14926 for PC and Mobile Available for Windows Insiders Fast ring and Slow ring