Windows XP has less stringent Windows Product Activation algorithm compared with Windows Vista. For example, PC computers from branded OEM (original equipment manufacturer) is activated out-of-factory, and most hackers and pirates go for volume licensing (commonly known as VL or VOL) version of Windows XP Professional which when installed with a volume product key (VLK), does not require user to activate again online or by phone.
However, Windows XP does require product activation too. Doesn’t need (as in the case of when using OEM or VLK product key, which is instantly and automated activated) to perform steps to activate Windows XP doesn’t mean that Windows XP is not activated, and activated Windows XP is one of the requirement for the installed copy of operating system to be considered by genuine by Windows Genuine Advantage (WGA) Validation Tool.
To check, view or verify the Windows XP current activation status, open Run command from Start Menu, and run the following command:
A “Activate Windows” dialog window will open to let user know the activation status. If the Windows XP has been activated, the message is “Windows is already activated. Click OK to exit.”
Else, you will be asked to let’s activate Windows now, which means that the copy of Windows XP installation is not yet activated.
- Microsoft Office 2016 July Feature Update 16.0.7167.2015 To Insider
- Aiseesoft MXF Converter Free Full Version With Genuine License Key Code
- WonderFox Mega Summer Software Giveaway – Free 14 Premium Full Version Software Worth $860 With Genuine License Serial Code [Ashampoo Photo Commander 12, Wise Care 365 Pro, Tenorshare iPhone Care Pro, PowerArchiver 2015, PD Howler 9.6, DoYourData Recovery Pro]
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14393.3 Released To the Fast ring and Slow ring Insider for PC and Mobile – Here’s What’s New Improvements, Fixes, and Known Issues
- Windows 10 Build 14388 and Build 14390 Rolling Out to Fast Ring and Slow Ring Insiders for PC and Mobile