Microsoft Virtual PC 2007 (update to Virtual PC 2007 SP1) allows the guest operating system in virtual machine to bridge its network connection with host computer existing network connection to connect to external local area network or Internet. The bridged network allows virtual machine to share the host’s network adapter to connect to local area network or Internet as if it’s using its own Ethernet or Wireless (WiFi) network card.
Unlike Shared Network (NAT), when Virtual PC 2007 network virtual adapter connects to network using physical host computer’s network adapter, the virtual machine will be on public network and will be able to communicate via end-to-end connectivity. External hosts and computers can directly ‘see’ and access to the virtual machine’s services, without user having to configuring port forwarding or tunneling. The architecture is important for virtual machine that running as a server.
Virtual PC 2007 can configure a virtual machine to use wireless network adapter of the physical host computer as its virtual adapter at the virtual machine’s networking settings.
However, is some cases, user is unable to or cannot find the physical host wireless or WiFi adapater in the virtual adapter’s options selection list. Or, the virtual machine’s guest operating system is unable and cannot connect to the wireless or Wi-Fi network even after the virtual adapter setting has configured properly.
The problem is caused by wireless network adapters support in Virtual PC 2007 may has been turned off or disabled.
To enable wireless network adapter support in Virtual PC 2007, ensure that Virtual Machine Network Services is selected and usable by physical host computer’s wireless network adapter.
How to Enable Wireless Network Adapter Support in Windows XP
- Click on the Start menu and then open Control Panel.
- Click on Network and Internet Connections and then Network Connections.
Or in Control Panel Classic View mode, double click on Network Connections.
- Right click on the wireless or WiFi network card, and then select Properties.
- Under the list of “this connection uses the following item”, check (tick the checkbox) the Virtual Machine Network Services entry.
- Click OK.
How to Enable WiFi Network Adapter Support in Windows Vista
- Click on Start menu, and then open Control Panel.
- Click on Network and Internet link and then click on Network and Sharing Center link.
In Classic View, double click on Network and Sharing Center icon.
- Click on Manage network connections located in the task list on the left side of the window.
- Right click on the wireless network adapter or WiFi network card, and select Properties.
If UAC dialog request for confirmation to continue, click on Continue or enter administrator’s password.
- Check (tick the checkbox) the Virtual Machine Network Services entry under the list of “this connection uses the following item”.
- Click OK.
- Microsoft Office 2016 July Feature Update 16.0.7167.2015 To Insider
- Aiseesoft MXF Converter Free Full Version With Genuine License Key Code
- WonderFox Mega Summer Software Giveaway – Free 14 Premium Full Version Software Worth $860 With Genuine License Serial Code [Ashampoo Photo Commander 12, Wise Care 365 Pro, Tenorshare iPhone Care Pro, PowerArchiver 2015, PD Howler 9.6, DoYourData Recovery Pro]
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14393.3 Released To the Fast ring and Slow ring Insider for PC and Mobile – Here’s What’s New Improvements, Fixes, and Known Issues
- Windows 10 Build 14388 and Build 14390 Rolling Out to Fast Ring and Slow Ring Insiders for PC and Mobile