Google offers many services and products, mostly free of charge. Google Now is one of the coolest features of Android 4.1 Jelly Bean in Google’s new Nexus 7 tablet, which provides notification for users. Google Now can access the users search, location, calendar, and delivers personalized content to users. With Google Now, users can swipe up towards the ‘Google’ icon to get the latest information at the right time.
If you wish to get it up and running in Android ice cream sandwich phone, users need to download the APK and with some hack to using Google Now service.
How to Get Google Now on Rooted Ice Cream Sandwich Phone
- Open Root Explorer or another root-enabled file explorer and navigate to /system.
- Now tap the “Mount R/W” button, and then open build.prop in Text Editor.
- Find ro.build.version.sdk=15 and edit it to change to ro.build.version.sdk=16. After edit, tap “Save and Exit”.
- Now go to /system/app and rename GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk to GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk1.
- Reboot the phone and download Google Now APK.
- Install the Google Now APK app.
- Once install, edit build.prop as described in step two to change ro.build.version.sdk=16 to ro.build.version.sdk=15.
- Reboot the phone and enjoy the Google Now features.
Once reboot the phone, the Google Now features will start applying in device by provides a vast amount of information to making your life easier.
- How To Enable Windows 8 Aero Glass-Style Transparency Effect
- BBC iPlayer Finally Arrives on Windows Phone 8 Free Download
- Viber Desktop for Windows & Mac Desk with Video Calling Feature
- Enable SugarSync to Sync External USB and Network Drives
- Sony Xperia ZR Waterproof Smartphone Allows Underwater Full HD Video Shooting