Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14931 Available for Insiders in Fast ring for PC – Here’s What’s New, Fixes, Improvement, and Known Issues
After releasing Windows 10 Build 14926, Microsoft has pushed out another new Redstone 2 update Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14931 for PC to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring. Windows 10 Build 14931 is one of the most important builds since the Anniversary Update released last month that brings lot of fixes and improvements for users.
The problems fixes included some Windows appear black screen when user sign out or unable to login when switch account. Windows 10 Build 14931 also introduces new feature that support for USB Audio 2.0.
In addition, Microsoft team also remind Windows insider members, start from 15th September, Windows PCs which running old Insider Preview builds will see build expiration notifications once a day. On 1st October, these PCs will start rebooting every 3 hours until 15th October, then the PCs will stop boot or restart. To prevent Windows PC boot, please make sure PC update to Build 14926 or newer via Settings > Update & security > Windows Update. Note: Build 14926 and newer has an updated expiration date of May 1st, 2017. If PC is running the Windows 10 Build 14393 in the Slow and Release Preview rings, it will not notify user build expiring.
Here’s what’s Update and New for PC in Build 14931:
- Feedback Hub Update: Feedback Hub has been updated to version 1.1608.2441.0. This update contains some highly requested features from Windows Insiders including dark mode, showing the original feedback author in the feedback details, and a settings page for Feedback Hub. To enable dark mode, just go into settings in Feedback Hub.
- Maps App Update: The Maps app was updated to version 5.1609.2580.0+ last week. You can now you can check the traffic to your Home or Work locations at any time by tapping the Traffic icon in the app bar. You will see traffic conditions to Home and Work and your most recently viewed traffic cameras so that you can stay on top of the road conditions along your route. Additionally, the Maps app now follows your system setting for theme preference for light or dark mode. And you can choose to change the map theme too!
- Send SMS with Skype Preview: You can now try out sending and receiving SMS and MMS messages directly from a Windows 10 PC when Skype on their Windows 10 Mobile phone is set as the default messaging app. Give it a try and let us know what you think. For more details, see this blog post from the Skype Team.
- Native support for USB Audio 2.0: We now have native support for USB Audio 2.0 devices with an inbox class driver! This is an early version of the driver that does not have all features enabled, for e.g.: only playback (render) is supported with this version. Recording (capture) support is scheduled to arrive in later iterations. We encourage you to play with the driver and let us know what you think (using the Feedback app). If you already have third party drivers for your USB Audio 2.0 device installed, follow instructions in this blog post to switch to using the inbox class driver.
Here’s what’s Fixes for PC in Build 14931:
- We fixed the issue causing people to experience a black screen when signing out and switching to another user account and unable to log in to that account.
- We fixed the issue causing the built-in Windows 10 apps such as Calculator, Alarms & Clock, and Voice Recorder to not work after updating to a new build.
Here’s what’s Known issues for PC in Build 14931:
- While using Narrator and Groove Music, if you navigate to the progress bar while a song is playing then Narrator will continually speak the progress of the song e.g. update with the current time of the progress bar every second. The result is you will be unable to listen to the song or hear any other control you navigate to.
- Oracle VM VirtualBox will crash on launch after upgrading to this build.
- Optional components may not work after upgrading to this build. To get it working again, go to “Turn Windows features on or off”, scroll down and check the right optional component and click ok. After a reboot, the optional component will be enabled again.
- For keyboard users, using tab to navigate the Settings app will not work in this build. The arrow keys should work as a temporary workaround.
- Tencent apps and games will cause your PC to bugcheck (bluescreen).
For Windows user who like to perform clean install, can download the Windows 10 Build 14931 ISO Images from here.
- Cut the Rope: Magic Available for Free Download as Apple’s App of the Week – iOS, iPhone, iPad
- Zemana AntiLogger Free Download With Unlock Key Code
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16179 ISO Image Files Are Now Available to Download
- Windows 10 Redstone 3 Build 16179 for PC and Build 15205 for Mobile – Here What’s New, Fixes and Improvement, and Known Issues, ISO file
- Windows 10 ISO Image File Download – List of All Windows 10 Insider Preview Builds (Threshold / Redstone) ISO File