Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14926 for PC and Mobile Available for Windows Insiders Fast ring and Slow ring
Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14926 for PC and Mobile is now available for Windows Insiders in the Fast ring and Slow ring. This latest Build 14926 focused on bug fixes and general improvements to addressed issues that feedback received from Windows Insiders experience. To download ISO Images & official ESD Files, just click here.
In addition, Build 14926 also has an updated expiration date of May 1st, 2017. If PC running previous build, it will notify build expiration date once a day until 1st of October. Then, PC will start rebooting every 3 hours. Note: If Windows 10 PC running with the Build 14393 Anniversary Update in the Slow and Release Preview rings, the build expire feature will not apply and notify to PC.
To update PC to latest Build 14926, just head to PC Settings > Update & security > Windows Update.
- Snooze in Microsoft Edge which provides users with a way to set a Cortana reminder on the website they are viewing. This feature lets users put a site into a Cortana reminder that will show up as a notification and in Action Center for quickly re-open site in Microsoft Edge.
- Updated Wi-Fi settings page (Mobile)
- Improving PC upgrade experience. In Build 14926, even after updated to a newer build, Windows will not get reinstalled any of the pre-install apps such as the Mail app or Maps app that users uninstalled.
- Making pin login easier. In Build 14926, regardless of PC Num Lock state, numbers will be input if users typing into the pin password field.
- [ADDED] New Extensions in Microsoft Edge – Two new releases extension: 1. TamperMonkey is a popular user script manager that lets users customize the content of pages across the web. 2. Microsoft Personal Shopping Assistant is smart shopping cart across the web, which collects browsed products and provide price alerts for saved products and compare products between sellers.
- [ADDED] Export favourites from Microsoft Edge – Microsoft added the ability to lets users export their favourites from Microsoft Edge to an HTML file. Just click the “More” icon at the top right (the three dots), choose “Settings”, then “View favorites settings” and user will see the new option.
Here what’s fixes and improvement for Windows 10 Build 14926 for PC from Microsoft:
- We fixed the issue causing Adobe Acrobat Reader to crash when you try to launch it.
- We fixed the issue causing the Settings app to crash when navigating to Settings > Personalization.
- We fixed an issue where Windows icons and text are not rendered correctly on some devices with Intel Atom (Clovertrail) processors.
- We’ve improved scaling for full screen games where the aspect ratio doesn’t match the native display resolution, for example, when playing Counter Strike: Global Offensive using a 4:3 stretched resolution.
- We fixed the issue where some people would experience a bugcheck (bluescreen) after plugging/unplugging certain types of Kindles such as the Paperwhite and Voyage.
- This build improves the performance on websites with changes to large numbers of HTML Elements containing text by improving spellchecker efficiency. This results in substantially improved performance on websites like TweetDeck.
- We have addressed the largest cause of reliability issues in Microsoft Edge running on Insider Preview builds. This should improve reliability on major websites such as Facebook and Outlook.com.
- We fixed an issue resulting in certain links (for example, Facebook) displaying a default favicon in the Microsoft Edge Tab, rather than the logo intended by the website.
- We fixed an issue where the Wi-Fi icon in the taskbar might show full bars when connected to a Wi-Fi network with low signal.
- We have fixed the issue which prevented the wireless network adapter in Surface Pro 1 and Surface Pro 2 devices from working. This also fixes the issue with the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows not working. and other wireless network adapters from third-parties such as D-Link.
- We fixed an issue where File Explorer’s “Open Command window here” context menu option was opening set to the C:\Windows\System32 path, rather than the desired directory.
- We fixed an issue potentially resulting in the taskbar no longer auto-hiding when a full screen window has focus (for example, when watching videos, gaming, or when using Remote Desktop). Note: If there’s an app that is asking for attention, it’s by design that the taskbar won’t hide (so you can see that there’s something trying to notify you).
Here what’s fixes and improvement for Windows 10 Build 14926 for Mobile from Microsoft:
- We fixed a scaling issue on devices such as the Lumia 635, 636, or 638 where the bottom of certain apps, like Messaging and Maps, would get cut off and rendered off screen.
- We heard you and we have addressed the largest cause of reliability issues in Microsoft Edge running on Insider Preview builds. This should improve reliability on major websites such as Facebook and Outlook.com.
- We fixed an issue resulting in the sound of key presses and lock/unlock being barely audible when the phone was using a moderate volume.
- We fixed an issue where, if Quiet Hours had been turned on, banner notifications might not start appearing again until Action Center was opened or an interactive notification popped up and was dismissed.
- We fixed an issue where Cortana would crash when trying to open Reminders page.
- We have improved the reliability of VPN Settings page via Settings > Network & wireless > VPN.
- We fixed an issue resulting in the thumbnail for portrait videos displaying with an incorrect aspect ratio in the Photos app when panning through the Camera Roll.
Here what’s Known issues for PC from Microsoft:
- While using Narrator and Groove Music, if you navigate to the progress bar while a song is playing then Narrator will continually speak the progress of the song e.g. update with the current time of the progress bar every second. The result is you will be unable to listen to the song or hear any other control you navigate to.
- You may experience a black screen when signing out and switching to another user account and will be unable to log in to that account. A reboot of your PC should allow you to log in to that account.
- Oracle VM VirtualBox will crash on launch after upgrading to this build.
- Optional components may not work after upgrading to this build. To get it working again, go to “Turn Windows features on or off”, scroll down and check the right optional component and click ok. After a reboot, the optional component will be enabled again.
- UPDATED: After updating to this build, built-in Windows 10 apps such as Calculator, Alarms & Clock, and Voice Recorder may not work. To get these apps working again, go to the Store and re-download/install them.
- For keyboard users, using tab to navigate the Settings app will not work in this build. The arrow keys should work as a temporary workaround.
Here what’s Known issues for Mobile from Microsoft:
- Some devices such as the Lumia 650 will fail to install this build with Error 0x80188308. We are currently investigating this issue.
- Action Center no longer closes if you swipe up on the empty space (area of Action Center that doesn’t show any notifications).
- Using your phone as a mobile hotspot will work the first time but subsequent attempts to use the feature will result in the inability to enable the hotspot until the phone is rebooted.
- ADDED: We are investigating small set of isolated reports that after upgrading to Build 14926, the pin pad is no longer visible to unlock the phone even after rebooting the phone. If you have hit this issue, you can follow the steps here for resetting an unresponsive phone (hard reset) which gets your phone back into a working state on Build 14926.
- ADDED: We are also investigating reports that after upgrading to Build 14926, some phones lose the ability to use their SIM card. A hard reset also fixes this issue as well. See this forum post for more information.
Besides that, Microsoft also announced the new rewards program – Microsoft Rewards, which everyone can earn points for searching with Bing and use Microsoft Edge browsing the web. Once correct the reward point, user can redeem their points for Xbox, Windows gift cards, Microsoft Store discounts, Skype Credits, Xbox Live Gold memberships, and more, or even donate correct point to charity. To join, click here! For Windows Insider, you can continue to earn points even on Insider Preview builds.
- Avast Antivirus Free Download With 1 Year Genuine License Serial Key
- LiteManager Pro Free Download With Unlimited Genuine Lifetime License and Upgrades
- OkayFreedom VPN 1 Year Premium Code (Unlimited Traffic Volume) Free Download With Genuine License Key Code
- How To Disable Start Screen In Microsoft Office 2016
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15063 ISO Image File Are Now Available To Fast Ring Insiders