All editions of Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008 requires to be completed product activation process, including those corporate users who are under volume licensing agreement or arrangement and normally use volume license product key (VLK) to activate Windows computers. Further activation method will rely on Volume Activation 2.0 which is part of Microsoft’s Genuine Software Initiative provided by Microsoft’s Software Protection Platform.
Volume Activation (VA) 2.0 is a configurable solution that helps IT professionals automate and manage the product activation process of Windows Vista Business, Windows Vista Enterprise and Windows Server 2008 systems licensed under volume licensing. VA 2.0 addresses piracy problems that plagued Volume License Keys (VLKs) issued for Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 by eliminating the use of product keys at the time of software installation and enables better protection and management of customer-specific product keys through new and enhanced activation management tools. Instead, PCs in corporations are now activated with Multiple Activation Key (MAK) and Key Management Service (KMS) Key.
Various technical documentations, papers and guides have been prepared by Microsoft to help IT professional in planning, deployment, and operations of Volume Activation 2.0 for Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008. The technical documentations that can be read on Volume Activation 2.0 page or downloaded from Microsoft Download Center include:
- Volume Activation 2.0 Overview Guide, Planning Guide, Deployment Guide, Operations Guide – Provides planning, deployment and operational guidance for activating volume editions of Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008.
- Volume Activation 2.0 Resources – Provides a list of resources for Volume Activation 2.0.
- Volume Activation 2.0 FAQ – Answers to frequently asked questions about Volume Activation 2.0.
- Volume Activation 2.0 Technical Attributes – Spreadsheet detailing Volume Activation 2.0 technical attributes.
- Volume Activation 2 0 Changes for Windows Server 2008 and Windows Vista SP1 – List changes on VA 2.0 since the release of Windows Vista RTM.
- Volume Product Key Groups.
Direct download links to the Volume Activation 2.0 Technical Guidance documentations from Microsoft Download Center:
Volume Activation 2 0 Changes for Windows Server 2008 and Windows Vista SP1.doc
Volume Activation 2.0 Deployment Guide.doc
Volume Activation 2.0 FAQ.doc
Volume Activation 2.0 Operations Guide.doc
Volume Activation 2.0 Overview Guide.doc
Volume Activation 2.0 Planning Guide.doc
Volume Activation 2.0 Resources.doc
Volume Activation 2.0 Technical Attributes.xls
Volume Product Key Groups.doc
- Viber Desktop for Windows & Mac Desk with Video Calling Feature
- Enable SugarSync to Sync External USB and Network Drives
- Sony Xperia ZR Waterproof Smartphone Allows Underwater Full HD Video Shooting
- How to Access Files to SD Cards and Flash Key Drives For Modern Windows 8 Apps
- How to Disable and Turn Off UAC in Windows 8