Microsoft Released Windows 10 Build 14977 For Mobile – Here What’s New, Fixed and Improvement, and Known Issues
Microsoft has released another Windows 10 Redstone update build for Windows 10 Mobile Insiders on the Fast ring. This time the Redstone update brings Microsoft Windows 10 Build 14977 with support for EPUB books to the Edge browser along with bug fixes and enhancement.
However, Microsoft Windows 10 Build 14977 won’t update for PC version, as the company claims that “there is a blocking bug that could result in broken apps after updating to a new build.”
Here are full details of bug fixes and improvements for Windows 10 Build 14977 mobile.
Here what’s new, fixed and improvement, and known issues
Here what’s new, fixed and improvement for Windows 10 Build 14977 according Microsoft:
- Read EPUB books in Microsoft Edge on your phone: In addition to being able to read any unprotected e-book in the EPUB file format on your PC with Microsoft Edge – you can also read unprotected e-book in the EPUB file format with Microsoft Edge on your phone!
- We’ve changed the rendering technology used for many types of UWP app content, so please provide feedback through the Feedback Hub if you notice any new visual glitches in UWP apps.
- Alarms sent by 3rd party alarm apps will now break through Cortana’s Quiet Hours – we appreciate all the app developers who logged feedback requesting this, keep it coming!
- We’ve removed the top-level option in Notification Settings to disable alarms on the lock screen – alarm reliability is a top priority for us, and we’ve found this setting was frequently enabled accidentally, without awareness that it would stop alarms from waking the phone when the phone was locked. For those who still wish to enable this setting, it’s will continue to be available under the per-app notification settings.
- Notifications from Settings can now be customized or disabled – option is available under Settings > System > Notifications > Settings
- We have enabled OAuth support for Yahoo Mail accounts. This will improve sync reliability for those accounts, and provide a secure experience while browsing your email.
- We fixed an issue where disconnecting and reconnecting a wired headset while watching a video might result the audio no longer working.
- We fixed an issue Insiders may have experienced where certain music apps would unexpectedly stop playing music after a single song.
- We fixed an issue where closing a tab in Microsoft Edge, exiting the app, and then relaunching it would sometimes result in Edge opening to a blank page with the closed tab’s web address in the URL bar.
- We fixed an issue where the Start Settings page wasn’t rendering when opened on external screen while using Continuum.
- We’ve made a number of translation improvements, including, for French (France and Canada) speakers, fixing a grammatical error in the “Don’t Forget!” text seen when shutting down the phone so it now says “N’oubliez pas”, and for Chinese speakers, fixing an issue where the option to clear the Chinese Input Method Editor’s input history was displaying in English rather than Chinese. If you see any other translations that aren’t as you’d expect, please log feedback – we’re listening! We fixed an issue where, if the setting to show notifications above lock had been turned off, booting the device and immediately checking the Action Center while the phone was locked could result in the Action Center not displaying any notifications after the phone had been unlocked. We fixed an issue Insiders may have experienced where the Camera app might not appear after using the hardware camera button while the screen was off or while on the Glance screen.
- We fixed an issue where Bangla (Bangladesh) keyboard text prediction might stop working after entering character followed by a vowel mark.
Here what’s known issues for Windows 10 Build 14977 according Microsoft:
- Please avoid attempting to install new languages, keyboards, and speech packs on your phone. There is a chance these downloads may get stuck and not finish downloading. If you have existing languages, keyboards, and speech packs installed – they will carry over when you update to new builds. You can use Windows Device
- Recovery Tool to go back to Windows Phone 8.1 or Windows 10 Mobile, install any languages, keyboards, and speech packs you need and then update to the latest build in the Fast ring as a workaround.
- Windows 10 phones with 8GB of internal storage such as the Lumia 550 and 650 will likely receive an 0x800700b7 error when attempting to update to this build.
- System related notification toasts (e.g. Bluetooth, USB/Autoplay, etc.) do not work.
- PhotoDirector 7 Deluxe Free Download With Genuine License Serial Key
- Zemana AntiMalware Free Download With Genuine License Serial Key Code
- Now everyone can use Messenger without Facebook account
- How To Reduce The Size Of Microsoft Outlook Data Files (.pst and .ost file)
- Sticky Password Premium Free Download With Genuine 1-Year License Serial Key