Microsoft and OLPC (One Laptop per Child) have officially announced plans to put Windows XP on low-cost XO laptops for world’s poorest children. According to Microsoft, the low cost XO notebooks running Windows OS are planned to begin as soon as June in key emerging markets.
“Transforming education is a fundamental goal of Microsoft Unlimited Potential, our ambitious effort to bring sustained social and economic opportunity to people who currently don’t enjoy the benefits of technology,” said Craig Mundie, chief research and strategy officer at Microsoft. “By supporting a wide variety of affordable computing solutions for education that includes OLPC’s XO laptop, we aim to make technology more relevant, accessible and affordable for students everywhere.”
“From the beginning, the goal of OLPC has been to use technology to transform education by bringing connectivity and constructionist learning to the poorest children throughout the world,” said Nicholas Negroponte, founder and chairman of OLPC. “Today’s announcement, coupled with future plans for a dual boot version of the XO laptop, enhances our ability to deliver on this vision. In addition, OLPC will work with third parties to port its user interface, called ‘Sugar,’ to Windows.”
- PDF Compressor Pro Free Download With Genuine License Key for Compress PDF Files & Reduce PDF File Size
- PhotoDirector 7 Deluxe Free Download With Genuine License Serial Key
- Zemana AntiMalware Free Download With Genuine License Serial Key Code
- Now everyone can use Messenger without Facebook account
- How To Reduce The Size Of Microsoft Outlook Data Files (.pst and .ost file)