The refreshed iPhone 5 have officially been made available for pre-ordering starting since morning of Friday, September 14, on Apple online stores or mobile service providers’ online stores in several countries, including United States via AT&T, Verizon and Sprint; United Kingdom via EE, Orange, T-Mobile, Vodafone, O2, Three and Virgin; Australia, Canada, France, and Germany.
While the features of iPhone 5 is considered by many to be underwhelming with just minor upgrade from iPhone 4S, but the smartphone is still a hit among Apple fanboys, especially sports 4G LTE connectivity, new Apple-designed chip A6 that made it twice powerful than earlier model, and a new iSight camera, and is expected to be selling like hotcakes.
In addition, the new thin, sleek, and capable iPhone 5 also features a new, smaller connector, improved battery life, and a nano-SIM on the side to replaces the old-style mini-SIM.
iPhone 5 features:
- Dual-core A6 chip (upgraded from Dual-core A5 chip)
- 4-inches (diagonal) widescreen Multi-Touch Retina display (1136 x 640 resolution at 326 ppi)
- Fingerprint-resistant oleophobic coating on front
- 8-megapixel iSight camera with LED flash
- Video recording, HD (1080p) up to 30 frames per second with audio
- FaceTime HD camera with 1.2MP photos and HD video (720p) up to 30 frames per second
- Improved video stabilization
- World phone and can work on UMTS/HSPA/ DC-HSDPA (850, 900, 1900, 2100 MHz), GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz) and CDMA EV-DO Rev. A (800, 1900 MHz) networks
- Intelligent Siri voice command personal assistant
- iOS 6 features
- iCloud features
- AppleCare +
- Talk time: Up to 8 hours on 3G; Standby time: Up to 225 hours; Internet use: Up to 8 hours on 3G, up to 8 hours on LTE, up to 10 hours on Wi-Fi; Video playback: Up to 10 hours; Audio playback: Up to 40 hours
- Height: 4.87 inches (123.8 mm); Width: 2.31 inches (58.6 mm); Depth: 0.30 inch (7.6 mm); Weight: 3.95 ounces (112 grams)
- 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi (802.11n 2.4GHz and 5GHz) and Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology
- Three-axis gyro; Accelerometer; Proximity sensor; Ambient light sensor
Price of iPhone 5 (with two-year wireless service contract with AT&T, Verizon or Sprint):
16GB (Black&Slate or White&Silver): $199
32GB (Black&Slate or White&Silver): $299
64GB (Black&Slate or White&Silver): $399
Price of unlocked and contract free iPhone 5:
16GB (Black&Slate or White&Silver): $649
32GB (Black&Slate or White&Silver): $749
64GB (Black&Slate or White&Silver): $849
The iPhone 5 will available in store from Friday September 21 at 8am local time in the U.S., Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Japan, Singapore and the U.K. The shipment for pre-order will available after 2-3 weeks.
Shop for iPhone 5 on Apple Store Online (US) or Apple store of respective countries.
Next up will be 22 more countries on September 28 where Apple customers can purchase iPhone 5S, including Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland.
There is no news yet on when the iPhone 5 will release on other Asian countries such as India, Indonesia, Malaysia, and China.
- Samsung’s Giving Away a Million Copies of Jay-Z’s New Album “Magna Carta Holy Grail”
- 50-inch Ultra HD LED 4K TV For Only $966 Is Simply Bonkers
- AVG Anti-Virus 2013 Free Direct Download Link With 1-Year License Serial Key Code
- Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 Ready for Pre-Order In India
- How to Download and Install iOS 7 Beta in iPhone, iPad and iPod