To the disappointment of many Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE I9505 users worldwide, Samsung might not provide new software update for Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE I9505 smartphone device to upgrade its firmware operating system version to latest Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
Although, Samsung Galaxy S4 is an old Samsung’s flagship device that will not get officially new software updates, the custom ROM developers has managed to compile a custom Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow firmware ROM package for Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE I9505. The custom ROMs – Resurrection Remix ROM based on Google OS Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow make it available for Galaxy S4 LTE I9505. The ROM is packed with Resurrection Remix goodies. To update Samsung Galaxy S4 phone to the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow just follow the below steps.
- Dark Material Theme
- Quick-Smart Pulldown
- Battery mods
- Heads up
- Lockscreen Shortcuts
- ClockColor options
- Statusbar clock customization + second + fonts
- Network traffic monitor
- Toast animations
- Add changelog
- Listview animations
- Navigation bar dimensions
- Add Weather display to status bar header
- Quick unlock
- Overall Speed up system
- Amazing Battery Life
- Brand new music and audio fx app from CyanogenMod
- All CM 13 features included
Before Getting Started:
- Note that installing the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow update onto Galaxy S4 will delete all the data and information on the phone. User will lose contacts that have not been synced to an email account, text messages that have not been forwarded, and call history. The calendar and email settings will also revert back to factory defaults. So, it is important to make sure backup all important data and settings on your device before proceeding to the installation.
- MicroSD memory card stores and saves pictures, music, videos, and files should be removed before updating.
- Enable USB debugging mode on device, go to Settings > Development Options > USB debugging.
- Ensure Samsung Galaxy S4 phone rooted, unlocked, and installed with latest version of a custom recovery tool like TWRP or CWM in order to flash the Resurrection Remix ROM and Google Apps package.
- Samsung Galaxy S4 must be charged to at least 60% of power.
Note: This guide is only for Samsung Galaxy S4 i9505, it is fully recommend not try on other Android & Samsung devices.
The ROM for Android 6.0 Marshmallow for the Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE (GT-I9505) is available for download:
- Download the Resurrection Remix ROM for Galaxy S4 LTE from here
- Download the Gapps based on Android Marshmallow from here
Here how to download and install Android Marshmallow on Galaxy S4 LTE:
- First, download Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Resurrection Remix ROM to the PC.
- Connect Samsung Galaxy S4 (GT-I9505) to the PC using USB data cable.
- Then, copy and paste Android 6.0 Marshmallow AICP custom ROM zip file and Google Apps .zip file into the phone SD card memory.
- Disconnect the phone from the PC and restart in order to boot into Recovery Mode.
- Pressing and holding Volume Up +Home + Power buttons at the same time to enter into Recovery Mode.
- In the RECOVERY mode, perform clear phone memory by selecting ‘wipe data/factory reset’. Next, clear the cache memory by choosing ‘wipe cache partition’, and ‘wipe dalvik cache’ by go to Advanced > Wipe Dalvik Cache.
Note: Wipe dalvik cache will help to prevent boot loops and any other errors while custom ROM installation.
- Now, go back to the main Recovery Menu and then tap install zip from SD card > choose zip from sdcard.
- By ‘choose zip from sdcard’ and then go to Android 6.0 Marshmallow ROM .zip file in SD card using the Power button and begin the installation.
- Repeat the same procedure for Google Apps installation.
- Once installation completed, navigate to ‘+++++Go Back+++++’ and restart the phone by selecting ‘reboot system now’ from recovery menu.
- Now, Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 will take few minutes to complete the boot process for the first time after installation.
- Last, go to Settings > select About phone to confirm the installation of Android 6.0 Marshmallow AICP custom ROM.
- Cut the Rope: Magic Available for Free Download as Apple’s App of the Week – iOS, iPhone, iPad
- Zemana AntiLogger Free Download With Unlock Key Code
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16179 ISO Image Files Are Now Available to Download
- Windows 10 Redstone 3 Build 16179 for PC and Build 15205 for Mobile – Here What’s New, Fixes and Improvement, and Known Issues, ISO file
- Windows 10 ISO Image File Download – List of All Windows 10 Insider Preview Builds (Threshold / Redstone) ISO File