ImageX is a command-line tool that enables original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), corporations and Windows enthusiasts to capture, to modify, and to apply file-based disk images for rapid deployment. ImageX works with Windows image (.wim) files and can work with other technologies that use .wim images, such as Windows Setup, Windows Deployment Services (Windows DS), and the System Management Server (SMS) Operating System Feature Deployment Pack.
ImageX is commonly used to manipulate and manage Windows setup installation disc image file content, such as to slipstream Windows Vista SP1 service pack into RTM version of Windows Vista image. ImageX comes free with Windows Automated Installation Kit (Windows AIK or WAIK). The WAIK version 6001.18000 (or 6.0.6001.18000) is released with the launch of Windows Server 2008 and Windows Vista SP1.
WAIK is a download of more than 1 GB, and requires user to burn the ISO image to disc. If you require only ImageX, here’s the extracted ImageX version 6001.18000 for 32-bit (x86) and 64-bit (amd64 or x64) Windows. Within the RAR compressed archive includes the corresponding version of Vsp1cln.exe, the tool to clean up and remove backup RTM version of files after installing Service Pack 1.
Both archives contain imagex.exe, intlcfg.exe, vsp1cln.exe, wimfltr.inf, wimfltr.sys, and wimgapi.dll.
- Cut the Rope: Magic Available for Free Download as Apple’s App of the Week – iOS, iPhone, iPad
- Zemana AntiLogger Free Download With Unlock Key Code
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16179 ISO Image Files Are Now Available to Download
- Windows 10 Redstone 3 Build 16179 for PC and Build 15205 for Mobile – Here What’s New, Fixes and Improvement, and Known Issues, ISO file
- Windows 10 ISO Image File Download – List of All Windows 10 Insider Preview Builds (Threshold / Redstone) ISO File