ImageX is a command-line tool that enables original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), corporations and Windows enthusiasts to capture, to modify, and to apply file-based disk images for rapid deployment. ImageX works with Windows image (.wim) files and can work with other technologies that use .wim images, such as Windows Setup, Windows Deployment Services (Windows DS), and the System Management Server (SMS) Operating System Feature Deployment Pack.
ImageX is commonly used to manipulate and manage Windows setup installation disc image file content, such as to slipstream Windows Vista SP1 service pack into RTM version of Windows Vista image. ImageX comes free with Windows Automated Installation Kit (Windows AIK or WAIK). The WAIK version 6001.18000 (or 6.0.6001.18000) is released with the launch of Windows Server 2008 and Windows Vista SP1.
WAIK is a download of more than 1 GB, and requires user to burn the ISO image to disc. If you require only ImageX, here’s the extracted ImageX version 6001.18000 for 32-bit (x86) and 64-bit (amd64 or x64) Windows. Within the RAR compressed archive includes the corresponding version of Vsp1cln.exe, the tool to clean up and remove backup RTM version of files after installing Service Pack 1.
Both archives contain imagex.exe, intlcfg.exe, vsp1cln.exe, wimfltr.inf, wimfltr.sys, and wimgapi.dll.
- Windows 10 Build 14926 MUI Language Packs (Direct Download Links)
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14931 Available for Insiders in Fast ring for PC – Here’s What’s New, Fixes, Improvement, and Known Issues
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14926 for PC ISO Images Available for Download
- Microsoft Windows Cumulative Update (KB3189866) Build 14393.187 Released To the Insider Slow ring and Release Preview ring for PC – Here’s the Full Official Changelog
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14926 for PC and Mobile Available for Windows Insiders Fast ring and Slow ring