Since Firefox 13, Mozilla Firefox browser introduces a speed-dial New Tab Page which lists user’s top sites whenever a new tab is creating. The feature allows user to visit the most visited URLs easier, and it also allows user to pin sites to the New Tab Page.
But not everyone is fond of the feature of New Tab Page in Firefox web browser, which raises the concern on privacy issue and potentially gives away the clue to your web browsing habits. Or you may want to display your favorite web page instead whenever opening a new tab in Firefox.
Firefox does not provide a direct way to change the default web page that will be loaded by a new tab. By default, Firefox only provides ability to hide the new tab page, by click on a button on the top right corner of the new tab page. The button simply serves as the toggle to hide or show new tab page.
If you want to have more control on your Firefox’s new tab page, here’s how to set a different web page or URL as the default homepage of new tab in Firefox:
- In Firefox, type about:config into the address bar, then press Go (->) or hit Enter.
- Click on I’ll be careful, I promise! button.
- Search for browser.newtab.url preference name.
- Right click on the row and select Modify (or double click on the row), and in the “Enter string value” dialog box, input your personal favorite URL for the web page you prefer Firefox to load on every new tab.
- Click OK, and from now onwards, the new homepage will be opened in new tab by Firefox.
- Microsoft Windows 10 Build 10163 Release Notes Leaked In Web
- iTunes 12.2 Direct Download Link Released for Mac and Windows PCs and Full Details of Changelog
- How To Install App APK On Android Device From Desktop (Windows)
- Apple iOS 8.4 Released For iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch with Apple Music, Beats 1 (What’s new in iOS 8.4 and IPSW Links For iOS 8.4)
- How To Easily Manage and Find Photos By Create An HTML Index File in Windows PC