It’s possible to simply store media files on an SD card or USB drive for modern Windows 8 apps such as Xbox Music, Xbox Video, and photo in order to prevent and forbid computer user from using USB removable flash drive or mass storage device to copy and transfer data and files. Although, nowadays everyone using cloud to storage, but for security purpose most of users still with extensive collections of media stored locally on computers.
Here’s the brief guide on how to access files to SD card or USB drives for Windows 8 apps.
- Press Windows Key + X or right-click in the bottom left corner of your screen to open the power-user menu, and then click Disk Management.
- Locate the removable device that wants to use in the Disk Management window. Right-click on it, and then select Change Drive Letter and Paths.
- Click Add button to add a new path.
- Enter a location the removable drive will be accessible example: C:\USB or C:\SD.
Note: Any location that like to be accessible
- SD card, flash drive, or external hard drive will now be accessible at the location that specified.
Note: It will continue to have its own drive letter, but you also can access it at the new folder location.
- Once finished, add the folders to libraries. Select a library, click the Manage tab at the top of the File Explorer window, and then click Manage Library.
- Click the Add button and add the appropriate folder to your library example: C:\USB\Videos.
- The SD card, flash drive, or external hard drive is now accessible location specified and Windows doesn’t notice that the folder is on a removable device and allows you to add it normally.
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15031 For Insiders in Fast Ring for PC – Here What’s Fixes and Improvement, and Known Issues
- Windows 10 Build 15031 For Insiders in Fast Ring for PC – Here What’s New Features
- WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe Free Download With Genuine License Key – Easy Way To Convert Video Files Without Losing Quality
- AppFalcon Orman Kuza 1-Year Unlimited PC License Giveaway – Free Download and Genuine License
- Avira Password Manager Full Version (Pro Features) Free Download