It’s possible to simply store media files on an SD card or USB drive for modern Windows 8 apps such as Xbox Music, Xbox Video, and photo in order to prevent and forbid computer user from using USB removable flash drive or mass storage device to copy and transfer data and files. Although, nowadays everyone using cloud to storage, but for security purpose most of users still with extensive collections of media stored locally on computers.
Here’s the brief guide on how to access files to SD card or USB drives for Windows 8 apps.
- Press Windows Key + X or right-click in the bottom left corner of your screen to open the power-user menu, and then click Disk Management.
- Locate the removable device that wants to use in the Disk Management window. Right-click on it, and then select Change Drive Letter and Paths.
- Click Add button to add a new path.
- Enter a location the removable drive will be accessible example: C:\USB or C:\SD.
Note: Any location that like to be accessible
- SD card, flash drive, or external hard drive will now be accessible at the location that specified.
Note: It will continue to have its own drive letter, but you also can access it at the new folder location.
- Once finished, add the folders to libraries. Select a library, click the Manage tab at the top of the File Explorer window, and then click Manage Library.
- Click the Add button and add the appropriate folder to your library example: C:\USB\Videos.
- The SD card, flash drive, or external hard drive is now accessible location specified and Windows doesn’t notice that the folder is on a removable device and allows you to add it normally.
- Microsoft Office 2016 July Feature Update 16.0.7167.2015 To Insider
- Aiseesoft MXF Converter Free Full Version With Genuine License Key Code
- WonderFox Mega Summer Software Giveaway – Free 14 Premium Full Version Software Worth $860 With Genuine License Serial Code [Ashampoo Photo Commander 12, Wise Care 365 Pro, Tenorshare iPhone Care Pro, PowerArchiver 2015, PD Howler 9.6, DoYourData Recovery Pro]
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14393.3 Released To the Fast ring and Slow ring Insider for PC and Mobile – Here’s What’s New Improvements, Fixes, and Known Issues
- Windows 10 Build 14388 and Build 14390 Rolling Out to Fast Ring and Slow Ring Insiders for PC and Mobile