Description: Security researcher discovered that the XUL tree method _moveToEdgeShift was in some cases triggering garbage collection routines on objects which were still in use. In such cases, the browser would crash when attempting to access a previously destroyed object and this crash could be used by an attacker to run arbitrary code on a victim’s computer.
Security Issue #2
XSL Transformation vulnerability
Description: Security researcher discovered that an XSL stylesheet could be used to crash the browser during a XSL transformation. An attacker could potentially use this crash to run arbitrary code on a victim’s computer.
Users who are currently browsing with the Mozilla’s Firefox 3.0.7 are strongly advised to upgrade to the latest Firefox 3.0.8 by following the link here.
Update: Firefox 3.1 Alpha 2
- How To Enable Windows 8 Aero Glass-Style Transparency Effect
- BBC iPlayer Finally Arrives on Windows Phone 8 Free Download
- Viber Desktop for Windows & Mac Desk with Video Calling Feature
- Enable SugarSync to Sync External USB and Network Drives
- Sony Xperia ZR Waterproof Smartphone Allows Underwater Full HD Video Shooting