Even wonder how fast your PC boot up from BIOS (Basic Input/Output System) to OS (Operating System)? Generally PC system boots up relatively fast but over time, it may take longer time for your PC to boot to operating system. If you would like to find out how your PC performance is, here is a good and simple software utility that you can use on your Windows based system. Named as BootTimer, it has the capability to measure the boot time start from bootloader until the handling being passed to OS to move on with proper applications loading.
The procedure is fairly simple. Just download it at BootTimer and double click on the executable file. On the next restart cycle, the timer will start counting from the time it boots up till the OS loading and display it correctly on the pop up window. The tiny software utility is only consumes around 130kB, which is quite suitable to be used for any Windows PC. Only one drawback, it doesn’t work for Linux or other fastboot OSs that takes less than 5 seconds for total boot up time to OS.
Currently it is only compatible with Windows OS such as NT and XP. Good news is, there is a promise from the developer that he will enable Windows Vista compatibility support in the next release.
- How To Enable Windows 8 Aero Glass-Style Transparency Effect
- BBC iPlayer Finally Arrives on Windows Phone 8 Free Download
- Viber Desktop for Windows & Mac Desk with Video Calling Feature
- Enable SugarSync to Sync External USB and Network Drives
- Sony Xperia ZR Waterproof Smartphone Allows Underwater Full HD Video Shooting