AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition is now also been updated to version 8.0. AVG Anti-Virus Free 8.0 is the latest version of the security software fromm AVG Software which is provided as a freeware. The main difference between AVG Anti-Virus Free 8.0 and older 7.5 version is that the new version now incorporates protection against spyware through a new combined anti-virus and anti-spyware engine.
AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 8.0 is not to be confused with AVG Anti-Virus 8.0 which is a commercial product with new version released since February 2008. AVG has previously giving away free license for AVG Anti-Virus 8.0 which can continued to be used but will expire in December this year. AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 8.0 doesn’t expire.
AVG Free provides basic protection against viruses and spyware only, together with the safe-searching component of the company’s patent-pending LinkScanner technology, incorporated into the new AVG Security Toolbar. AVG Anti-Virus Free 8.0 is for private, non-commercial, single computer use only, and cannot be used for commercial.
The Free product does not include the proactive safe-surfing (“drive-by download” protection) of the full LinkScanner module that is included in the commercial AVG products, nor the protection against hackers, keyloggers, spam, phishing attacks, and malicious file downloads that can come through instant messaging and attachments from seemingly friendly sources. As expected, there is not free technical support too.
Direct download link for AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 8.0
Visit AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition download page for updates and more information.
Update: AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 8.0.135a has been released.
- Microsoft Windows 10 Build 10163 Release Notes Leaked In Web
- iTunes 12.2 Direct Download Link Released for Mac and Windows PCs and Full Details of Changelog
- How To Install App APK On Android Device From Desktop (Windows)
- Apple iOS 8.4 Released For iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch with Apple Music, Beats 1 (What’s new in iOS 8.4 and IPSW Links For iOS 8.4)
- How To Easily Manage and Find Photos By Create An HTML Index File in Windows PC