With the improvement on Chrome Notification center, it can be a helpful tool if you’re heavily invested in the Google ecosystem. You can set up to have notifications like meeting reminders or email notifications. However, it will get a little overwhelming and annoying when it includes extra notifications likes spam email and advertisement. By default setting, Google Chrome will alerts or asking you whenever a website, app or extensions wants to send you notifications. Anyway, you can disable Google Chrome notifications setting at any time with some trick.
- Launch Google Chrome and click on the “hamburger” menu in the top right corner.
- Click on Setting and then scroll down to the bottom to look for Show advanced setting
- Under Privacy heading, click the Content settings
- Scroll down to the Notifications section and change your setting:
i) Allow all sites to show notifications: You’ll automatically receive notifications from all websites. It will be overwhelming and not recommended.
ii) Ask when a site wants to show notifications: By default setting, Chrome will ask you whenever a site wants to show you notifications.
iii) Do not allow any site to show notifications: You won’t see any notifications from websites.
- To have more selective way, you can turn individual websites notifications off or on with Manage exceptions It will brings up a menu with every websites that has asked your permissions to send notifications. You can simply change the status to block the website by putting [*.] before the web address and select block.
If you felt that having block notifications is not enough and want to hide the notification icon. Below here are the steps:
- Click the overflow arrow in the bottom-right System Tray
- Click on the Customize
- Find and change the Google Chrome icon behavior to “Hide icon and notifications”
- PhotoDirector 7 Deluxe Free Download With Genuine License Serial Key
- Zemana AntiMalware Free Download With Genuine License Serial Key Code
- Now everyone can use Messenger without Facebook account
- How To Reduce The Size Of Microsoft Outlook Data Files (.pst and .ost file)
- Sticky Password Premium Free Download With Genuine 1-Year License Serial Key